Ginger Cauliflower & Cashew Curry (vegan)Course: MainCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
100g Brown Basmati Rice (or you can use microwave rice)
7g Medium Curry Powder
25g Cashew Nuts
2 Garlic cloves
1 Green Chilli
15g Ginger Puree
30g Tomato Puree
200ml Coconut milk
10g Vegetable Stock paste / stock cube
80g Natural Coconut Milk Yoghurt
- Preheat your oven to 220°C / 200°C fan / gas mark 7 (or you can use an air fryer!)
Boil a kettle if you are boiling rice (or you can use microwave rice!)
- If cooking dried rice, rinse the brown rice, and pour 300ml of boiled water into a medium pan with 1/4 tsp of salt, and bring back to the boil on high heat. Add the rice, then reduce the heat to low. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook for 20 minutes, before draining into a sieve.
Alternatively, you can use microwave rice!
- While the rice cooks, cut the cauliflower into florets, halving any large ones.
If you are cooking in the oven, put the cauliflower florets onto a baking tray, then drizzle with oil and sprinkle with half of the medium curry powder (3.5g). Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer. When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until golden brown and tender, 15-20 mins. Turn halfway through.
Alternatively if you are using an air fryer, put the cauliflower florets into the air fryer, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with half of the medium curry powder (3.5g). Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer. Fry until cooked, please check the instructions but it should take about 10 mins, toss halfway through.
- In the meantime, heat a large frying pan on medium heat (no oil). When hot, add the cashews and dry-fry until toasted, 2-3 mins. Transfer to a bowl. Once cooled, roughly chop. Meanwhile, peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Halve the green chilli lengthways, deseed, then thinly slice. Put the frying pan just used back on medium heat with a drizzle of oil. Add the garlic, ginger puree, remaining medium curry powder, and half of the chilli to the pan. Cook until fragrant, 2-3 mins.
- Stir in the tomato puree, coconut milk, veg stock and 100ml water. Simmer on medium-low, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 mins. Season with salt and pepper. Once the cauliflower has roasted, stir it and the peas through your curry, then cook for 2-3 mins. Finally, stir in half of the cashew nuts.
- Serve your cauliflower & cashew nut curry on a bed of brown basmati rice. Sprinkle with the remaining cashew nuts and chilli and finish with a spoonful of coconut milk yoghurt.