It is very important you read This Article on Lockergnome.com about ‘Why you should dump Internet Explorer’. Have you ever had a piece of spyware on your computer? A “helpful search bar” that you didn’t want? Ever had popups? I don’t. You know why? Because I use Firefox.
1. Due to the combination of ActiveX, scripting, and its integration with the Windows operating system, Internet Explorer is more vulnerable to attack than many other browsers.
2. The designers of Internet Explorer have purposely turned their back on the standards designed to benefit the Internet as a whole. They have done this for years, continue to do it today, and appear to have nothing but their own interests at heart.
So what do you do now?
1. Go to http://getfirefox.com and download it.
2. Install Firefox, and run it for the first time.
3. Say YES to the box asking you to set it as default.
4. Change any shortcuts pointing to IE to open Firefox instead.
5. Visit http://update.mozilla.org/?application=firefox and download cool extensions and themes to customise the way YOUR browser works.
And have a better and safer time browsing the internet!
P.S. No, I do not work for Mozilla, I just am a big fan and I want the internet to be a better place.